Fusilli Pasta with Portobello Mushrooms and Asparagus in Boursin Sauce
Pairs with: Juniper Berry DRY Soda
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic 1 shallot, minced
1 lb. portobello mushrooms, stems removed, cut 1/4 inch thick
Salt to taste
1.25 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (5.2 ounce) package pepper Boursin cheese
3/4 pound uncooked fusilli pasta
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- Cook garlic, shallots and mushrooms in skillet 8 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Add salt to taste.
- Stir in chicken broth and Boursin cheese. Stirring constantly, reduce heat and simmer until smooth.
- Add pasta to salted, boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes, until the pasta is al dente and the asparagus is tender; drain.
- Toss with the mushroom sauce to serve. Serves 6.