Island Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
Pairs with: Vanilla Bean DRY Soda
This recipe keeps the chicken very moist and offers a great tropical flavor and aroma.
15-20 small bamboo skewers
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
2 tbsp peanut oil
Juice of 1 lime
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, puree garlic, shallot, ginger, cilantro, salt, cumin, peanut oil, lime juice and coconut milk until smooth.
- Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium. Alternate chicken and pineapple cubes on skewers.
- Grill for about 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is slightly golden all over.