"World's Best" Mac and CheeseBeecher's Handmade Cheese - Seattle, WA
Pairs with: Rhubarb DRY Soda
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
7 ounces Flagship cheese, grated (about 1 3/4 cups)
1 ounce Just Jack cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
½ teaspoon coarse salt
¼ to ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
6 ounces penne pasta (about 3 1/4 cups)
1 ounce (1/4 cup) Flagship cheese, grated
1 ounce (1/4 cup) Just Jack cheese, grated
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Serves 4 as a side dish
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Add cheeses, salt, chili powder and garlic powder. Stir until cheese is melted and all ingredients are incorporated, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Butter or oil an 8-inch baking dish. Cook penne 2 minutes less than package directions (as it will finish cooking in the oven). Rinse pasta in cold water and drain well.
- Combine pasta and sauce in a medium bowl; mix carefully but thoroughly. Scrape the pasta into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with cheeses and then the chili powder.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.