Pairs with: Vanilla Bean DRY Soda
1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons cold water
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large saucepan bring cream, half and half, and sugar just to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring.
- Remove pan from heat and add gelatin mixture and vanilla.
- Divide among eight 1/2-cup ramekins and cool to room temperature.
- Chill ramekins, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- One at a time, dip ramekins into a bowl of hot water 3 seconds. Run a thin knife around edge of each dish and invert onto center of a small plate.
- Garnish with fresh seasonal berries, peaches, or cherries. Serves 8.