Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Pairs with: Cucumber DRY Soda
12 oz. firm tofu cut into inch cubes
1 small head iceberg lettuce
4 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce (or to taste)
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 medium carrots, julienned
1 small cucumber, julienned
1 cup bean sprouts
Chinese Top Sauce
1/4 C Soy Sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp chopped peanuts
2 scallions, thinly sliced
- For wraps, combine soy sauce, five spice powder, honey, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and Sriracha. Pour over cubed tofu. Toss and cover, then allow to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove four leaves from the head of lettuce. Rinse in cold water, then shake dry.
- Heat oil on high in a wok. Remove the tofu from the marinade and stir fry over high heat for two-three minutes.
- Add the carrots and continue to fry for two more minutes, then remove the wok from the heat.
- Place the lettuce leaves on four plates and fill each with the tofu mixture. Top with cucumber and bean sprouts.
- Wrap each leaf around the filling and serve immediately with sauce.