Sweet Ricotta Pudding with Roasted Grapes
Melissa Roberts for Gourmet / July 2008
Pairs with: Pear DRY Soda
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
1 tablespoon plain fine dry bread crumbs
1 2/3 cups whole-milk ricotta (15 ounces)
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
2 cups red seedless grapes (3/4 pound), halved
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Butter a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate with some of butter, then spread bread crumbs in plate to coat.
- Blend ricotta, eggs, cinnamon, salt, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a blender until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into pie plate and sprinkle with nuts. Bake in middle of oven until puffed, golden, and just set, about 25 minutes. Cool pudding on a rack.
- While pudding bakes, toss grapes with remaining butter, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and vinegar in a small shallow baking pan and let macerate.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Roast grapes in lower third of oven, shaking pan occasionally, until tender but not falling apart, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool grapes until just warm and serve alongside pudding.