With winter almost here, we posed a question to a few friends in different parts of the fashion world:
What is your personal ‘look’ for the season?
With very little guidance, we let them take it anywhere they wanted to. Just because the season is cold and dark doesn’t mean your attire has to match it, so each of our fashion friends hope to provide some outfit inspiration for these chilly months. For part I, designer Ann Yee gives us her take.
About the look: I’m always on the go, so this ensemble definitely reflects that. Comfort is key so I try to maintain a good balance of practicality and fashion when I can. In the winter, it’s all about sweaters and knits! This outfit can easily transition from day to night, which is great because a lot of times I’ll have to go to an industry function straight from work. I also LOVE to layer and this look has all the pieces to make for a great layering story.
1. ACNE shearling moto jacket – on my Xmas wishlist!
2. GIBSON chenille sweater dress from my Fall 12 collection – super soft and has pockets, which is always a plus.
3. Oxford shirt layered under my sweater dress – a great staple to wear under sweaters.
4. My favorite Zara suede wedge booties – they’re surprisingly comfortable – I could run laps in them!
5. Vintage COACH bucket bag – I’m still searching for this guy at all the flea markets – I always need a decent-sized bag to hold all my things.
6. Grey cashmere leggings – a great addition to your wardrobe once the temperature drops.
7. Vintage fedora – given to me by my friend; she found it at a stoop sale and I wear it at least 3 times a week.
8. CAMERON twisted handknit snood from my Fall 12 collection – neck warmers are always a great alternative to your regular scarf.
9. Statement rings to top off the whole outfit — I’m a huge fan of oversized rings – a great finishing touch to any outfit.