First celebrated by the one and only Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation in 2010, Galentine’s Day has now become an official day dedicated to “ladies celebrating ladies” each year. While we don’t want to overlook Valentine’s Day, we think it’s important to celebrate the gal pals who keep you sane when things go sideways, support you always, and who “cheers” with you to honor a victory big or small.
While it’d be so nice to throw a Pinterest-perfect celebration, let’s face it – we can’t all be Leslie Knope and put together, “…a bouquet of hand crocheted flower pens, a mosaic portrait of each of you made from the crushed bottles of your favorite diet soda, and a personalized 5,000-word essay of why you are all so awesome,” for our friends. But, with just a few party tricks, you can pull off a simple, yet impressive, get-together to honor of your amigas. Below, find our five favorite ideas to help you celebrate the women in your life on February 13th. And maybe, just maybe, you could try making portraits out of crushed DRY Sparkling bottles instead ?
1. Sweet treats and snacks. Feb 13th falls on a Tuesday this year so that obviously means you need to Treat Yo’ Self! Whether store bought or home-made, ask each guest to bring their favorite cookie or snack. You’ll be sure to get a variety of deliciousness to create a spread that’s perfect for your group. Need some inspiration? We love these salted-tahini cookies from The Original Dish.
2. Signature drinks. When it comes to refreshments, we like to serve amazing beverages that don’t require 1000 steps to make. Drinking chilled DRY Sparkling right out of the bottle or from your favorite glass is always a great option, but if you’re looking for a little something more, we love adding a fancy garnish such as mint or rosemary sprigs, a chocolate rim, or frozen berries.
3. Heart-shaped straws. While we usually go for paper straws, we couldn’t resist these reusable heart-shaped crazy straws. Use one to top off your signature mocktail or pop it directly into your DRY Sparkling bottle for a festive finish.
4. Spa essentials. Our favorite G-Day activities include sipping on bubbly, spa treatments of all kinds, indulging in delicious treats, and catching up with our girlfriends. But we know accomplishing all of this in one evening can be a little tricky. Try creating a fun gift bag for your guests with bath bombs, nail polish, a bottle (or two!) of DRY Sparkling, and a mini spirit bottle so they can enjoy an at home spa day, mocktail in hand. We also love these ideas from Lauren Conrad.
5. Your besties. No Galentine’s Day is complete without your crew by your side. Celebrate on the day of or the weekend before, just be sure to get your girls together this month because we know you deserve more time with them!
Will you be throwing a soirée in honor of your girl tribe this February? Let us know! Post a photo including #DRYSparkling on social media or email us at email@example.com so we can check it out. You just might receive some of the exclusive DRY Sparkling glassware in the photos above.
Cheers to “ladies celebrating ladies”!