Who says you need alcohol to have fun?
Let’s make this summer a DRY one. With flavors like cucumber, watermelon and lavender you can still enjoy refreshing flavors without the alcohol. And, fewer sips of the hard stuff can also give you a little extra boost to enjoy these precious few months.
More energy for the longer days.
Studies have shown that giving up alcohol for just 30 days leaves you more energized. Drinking alcohol decreases REM sleep and messes with your overall sleep patterns, leaving you more tired the next day. Drinking also depletes your supply of B vitamins (which are crucial for sustained energy).
So swap the cocktail for a summer mocktail and enjoy a little extra energy boost during these extra hours of daylight. Summer is a time for fun in the sun. So ditch the hangover, grab a DRY, and enjoy it with full flavor.
Here are a few recipes to get you started.
• Watermelon DRY
• Watermelon pieces, lime and mint muddled
• Fresh mint, watermelon, lime for garnish
DRY Spicy Thai Cucumber
• Cucumber DRY
• Jalapeno, lime, thai basil muddled
• Thai chili, lime and thai basil garnish
Lavender DRY Collins
• Lavender DRY
• Fresh squeezed lemon juice
• Muddled blackberries
• Lemon, lavender garnish, blackberries
Blood Orange Elderflower DRY Cordial
• Blood Orange DRY
• 3/4 oz elderberry syrup
• 1/2 oz lime juice
• Garnish with blood oranges, lemon, thyme sprigs and elderflower