The Shirley Temple may be the “original mocktail,” but this Halloween, we’re declaring The Shirley Temple dead. We’re resurrecting 3 delicious zero-proof cocktails perfect for the occasion.
As we reach the year 2020 – a new decade – we’ve decided that you deserve better.
Raise a glass to these 3 easy and fun zero-proof cocktails that will add some life back into your Halloween celebrations.
Blood Orange Paloma Mocktail
- 2 oz water
- 1.5 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz lime
- 1 oz Cumin Chipotle Syrup (recipe below)
- Blood Orange DRY
- Build into a Boston Shaker.
- Shake and strain into a Highball glass filled with ice.
- Top with Blood Orange DRY.
- Garnish with fresh flowers and thyme.
Cumin Chipotle Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- Toast cumin seeds in a pan.
- Add sugar and water to a pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add toasted cumin seeds and chipotle powder.
- Turn off heat and let steep for 5 min.
- Pour the mixture through a chinois strainer.
Lavender Potion Mocktail
- 6 oz. Lavender DRY Botanical Bubbly, chilled
- 3 oz. Coconut Water, chilled
- 2 oz. Apple Juice
- 10 fresh or frozen blueberries
- Add blueberries, coconut water, and apple juice to a pint glass and carefully muddle.
- Strain into a lowball glass over fresh ice.
- Top with Lavender DRY and garnish with lavender or rosemary.
Vanilla DRY Grapefruit Mocktail
- 6 oz. Vanilla DRY Botanical Bubbly, chilled
- 2 oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice, chilled
- 1/4 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Lightly mix grapefruit juice and Vanilla DRY in the glass.
- Smack sage to release aromatics.
- Use sage for garnish alongside the grapefruit wheel.